This home, in the waterside Sydney suburb of Bayview, showcases the full gamut of smart home technologies. Its owner, a successful developer of luxury homes and apartments, has used Smart Home Solutions to integrate smart home automation systems into numerous previous developments. It’s a testament to the quality of this previous work that the developer chose Smart Home Solutions to provide the technology for his family home.
The home, set over three levels, features three bedrooms, a gym and steam room, tennis court, lap pool and spa. However the most impressive feature of the home is the smart home automation that makes life for the family comfortable and convenient all year round.
The Smart Home Solution
For this home, Smart Home Solutions designed an integrated system that gave the family a wealth of entertainment, comfort and security features while retaining ease of use and simplicity. The system, in summary, comprised:
- Whole-house audio with seven zones and room for expansion when needed. The use of in-ceiling, in-wall and free standing speakers delivered a perfect combination of aesthetics and sound quality. Sources include multi-CD, an Imerge hard drive server and AM/FM tuner, with plenty of room for expansion.
- Distribution of Pay-TV, DVD and security camera video throughout the home for convenience, security and remote access control
- An acoustically treated home theatre / music room with projector and 100” screen
- Intelligent lighting control based on the Philips Dynalite system
- A complete communications network incorporating telephone, internet, LAN, fax, intercom and access control
- Comprehensive security including back-to-base monitoring, surveillance cameras with recording capability, remote telephone access and internet monitoring capability
- A control backbone giving integrated control over A/V, lighting, security, air conditioning, floor heating, water reticulation and motorised blinds
The end result is simply sensational. The owner is very happy with his new smart home (as is the whole family!), and he already has some new smart apartment projects in the pipeline.
“Smart Home Solutions are very professional, easy to understand and I like that they give me options – they don’t just try to push their preferred brands on you,” he said. “And their after-sales follow-up is great – in a big project like this, or any of our commercial projects, it’s so important to know I can just call them and get the answers or service I need.”
Looking to the future, he plans to continue the successful partnership with Smart Home Solutions. Previous apartment developments, such as a luxury project in Pymble on Sydney’s leafy North Shore, have achieved record prices, thanks in part to their smart capabilities (that also allow for the owner’s personalisation). For this developer, smart homes are clearly the way to go.